Trump taking hydroxychloroquine against Covid-19; IMF chief says full economic recovery unlikely in 2021; Italy records lowest deaths since March. Follow the latest updates
- WHO chief promises review of coronavirus response
- Trump says he’s taking hydroxychloroquine despite FDA warnings
- Global report: Italy reopens cafes as Spain prepares for return of tourists
- Australia coronavirus updates – live
- Coronavirus latest: at a glance
The White House Director of Strategic Communications has confirmed that Trump was prescribed hydroxychloroquine and is taking it, the New York Times White House correspondent Maggie Haberman has tweeted:
POTUS spoxwoman @Alyssafarah confirms yes POTUS was prescribed and yes POTUS has been taking hydorxychloroquine.
In case you missed it earlier, here is our full story on US President Trump saying that he has been taking hydroxychloroquine:
Donald Trump has told reporters at the White House that for “a couple weeks” he has been taking a malaria drug as a defense against Covid-19 – despite warnings from his administration that it is dangerous.