Boris Johnson backs Dominic Cummings despite outcry; France sees lowest daily cases and deaths since lockdown; India resumes domestic flights. Follow the latest updates
- US bars travellers who have been in Brazil in last two weeks
- Dominic Cummings facing possible police investigation as pressure mounts
- Johnson’s defence of Cummings sparks anger from allies and opponents
- Australia coronavirus – live
- Coronavirus latest: at a glance
South Africa’s President Cyril Ramaphosa on Sunday said a controversial ban on the sale of alcohol would be lifted for home consumption when the country moves into level three of a five-tier coronavirus lockdown next month.
South Africans were prohibited from buying alcohol and cigarettes when the country went into one of the world’s strictest lockdowns on 27 March.
Japan is considering a fresh stimulus package worth over $929bn that will consist mostly of financial aid programmes for companies hit by the coronavirus pandemic, the Nikkei newspaper said on Monday.
The package, to be funded by a second extra budget for the current fiscal year beginning in April, would follow a record $1.1tn spending plan deployed last month to cushion the economic blow from the pandemic, reports Reuters.