Brazil cases near 500,000; Pope asks world leaders to provide Covid relief; lockdown eased for clinically vulnerable in UK. Follow the latest updates
- Pope Francis calls on world leaders to provide coronavirus relief
- Global cases pass 6 million
- Brazil sees record one-day increase in cases
- Senior UK adviser has broken trust in policy, say top scientists
- Coronavirus latest: at a glance
The more than 2 million people who have been “shielding” from Covid-19 in England because they are deemed to be clinically extremely vulnerable will be allowed to spend time outdoors from Monday for the first time in 10 weeks.
In case you missed this earlier, in Australia, residents in the country’s most populous state, New South Wales, are enduring one more day of tight Covid restrictions before pubs, beauty salons and museums reopen and intrastate holiday travel is permitted, AAP reports.
For the first time in almost three weeks, zero Covid-19 cases were reported in NSW on Saturday, from 9500 tests.