Pence avoiding Trump after aide’s positive test; Saudi oil profits drop 25%; French schools reopen; follow the latest updates
- China plans to test all 11m Wuhan residents for coronavirus
- EU could reopen borders to countries with similar risk profiles
- Coronavirus latest: at a glance
- Australia coronavirus updates – live
- See all our coronavirus coverage
When Grant Robertson, New Zealand’s finance minister, unveiled his last annual budget he told the country that its success would no longer be measured by economic growth and productivity, but instead by the wellbeing of the nation’s population.
US Republican senators proposed legislation Tuesday that would empower President Donald Trump to slap sanctions on China if Beijing does not give a “full accounting” for the coronavirus outbreak, AFP reports.
“The Chinese Communist Party must be held accountable for the detrimental role they played in this pandemic,” said Senator Jim Inhofe, one of the sponsors of the “Covid-19 Accountability Act.”