Spanish PM seeks to extend state of emergency; Saudi Arabia reopens mosques; UK ministers defend easing lockdown. Follow the latest updates
- Brazil passes 500,000 cases
- Fears of virus surge from US protests as world cases hit 6m
- Latest developments at a glance
- Australia – coronavirus live
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Egypt has shortened its night curfew by one hour, bringing the end time forward to 5am from 6am. It begins at 8pm each night.
The Health Ministry said 1,536 new cases had been confirmed including 46 deaths, bringing total cases to 24,985 and deaths to 959.
We’re getting some updated figures from Mexico … the Deputy Health Minister, Hugo Lopez-Gatell, says there were 151 new coronavirus deaths and 3,152 new cases on Sunday. This takes the country’s totals to 9,930 fatalities and 90,664 cases.
The country’s fatality curve continues to rise.