High level of E coli and bacteria found at Egypt hotel where couple died

      Comments Off on High level of E coli and bacteria found at Egypt hotel where couple died

Thomas Cook finds high level of staphylococcus bacteria, which can cause toxic shock

Thomas Cook has found high levels of E coli and bacteria that can cause toxic shock syndrome at the Red Sea hotel in Egypt where two British tourists died suddenly last month.

The tour operator carried out investigations at the Steigenberger Aqua Magic hotel in Hurghada in the wake of the deaths of John and Susan Cooper, a couple aged 69 and 63, from Burnley who were on a family holiday.

Continue reading…